Sign up to Maddison's Newsletter
Happy New Year!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s already 2018! I don’t know about you, but 2017 flew past so quickly for me, and on looking back, I’ve got to say that it was a year filled with ups and downs, but I do feel very blessed with some of the amazing events that occurred, and I thought that it would be nice to share some some of those with you all 🙂
Well some of the memorable, or perhaps dare I say, interesting moments of 2017 for me were:
- It was the year that I signed my first ever publishing contract with a traditional publisher.
- It was also the year I was first faced with receiving back edits from my editor… oh the joy… not really, although I did learn a lot about the process from them, lol!
- My little one started going to ‘Big School’ and began in Kindergarten – which was a very big change in our household – but one that she embraced and excelled in (Proud Mumma moment – when she was awarded the Principals banner at the end of the year).
- It was also a year that my hubby faced some health challenges… however he’s all good now after a hernia operation (though he’s still in about week 4 of a 12 week recovery period).
- I got to catch up with my best-friend at the end of the year (she lives in the Northern Territory – which is a long way away from Sydney) – who is the kindest most lovely lady I know!! So a catch up with her and her family is always awesome – and YAY we’re going to go camping with them this year in November!!
How about you? How was your 2017?
After looking back on the past year, one of my absolute favorite things to do, is on New Years day, I sit down with a cup of tea (of course) and I plan out what my new years goals are. What is it that I want to accomplish for this next year?? In thinking about my plans, I’ve come up with the following goals (now that they’re going to be published on my website, I’m even more accountable to get them done… oh dear, lol:
- I am determined to finish my pitch package for my new series of historical suspense novels and get the package to my agent by the end of January, so that she can start submitting it to editors.
- In between edits for book 2 with Entangled, I will write a further two books as part of my new historical suspense series.
- Once I get the two new books finished, I will do up a new submission package for my agent (I’m keeping her busy, right?), but this time I will be switching genres to do some straight up contemporary romantic suspense – can’t wait to let you know more about this series, as I’m so excited to write them.
- I am going to meditate daily
- I’m going to do some form of physical activity each day for at least 30 mins (I’m including housework in this category!!)
- I’m going to read and review at least 12 books this year (not much, I know, but I find it hard to write and edit my own books, while reading someone else’s work at the same time).
So there are my 2018 goals – I’ve posted them now, so I have to do them!!!
How about you? I’d love to heart about what goals you’ve set yourself for 2018!
Take care and I wish you all a fantastic 2018 – may you live your life on purpose and succeed in achieving your goals this year xox